HOW TO CLIMB OUT OF gold
HOW TO CLIMB OUT OF GOLD FAQ
There is no right answer here.
In the current meta, you can climb with every role in League of Legends.
The best strategy to go with when choosing which lane to climb with is to pick the lane you are most comfortable OR the lane you have the most success with. If you’re unsure about what role/champions you’re most successful on, go to op.gg and look at your statistics.
The most important tip to remember when trying to climb out of gold is to try to just stick to one role and master it. It’s much easier to become a god at one role rather than constantly switching roles and being indecisive when trying to climb.
There are three ways to approach choosing a champion pool when trying to climb in League of Legends.
- Play the champions you have fun on – this is best recommended for players who want to make sure they always enjoy the game. Usually, if a player enjoys a champion they will also perform better on them, will learn faster and climb quicker.
- Play the champions you are good at. Go to op.gg and look at your champion played. Look at your wr%,games played and KDA. The champions with the best numbers across these three metrics are usually the champions you are best at playing.
- Play the meta/OP champions. This is the hardest option as it generally requires you learning a new champion which can be very difficult and actually detrimental to your climbing, particularly if you’re a new player or haven’t played the champion before. If you use this approach, make sure to practice the champion in flex-queue, on your alt. account or in normal games before bringing it into your solo-queue games on your main.
In my experience, having coached hundred of players in gold, the best strategy is to choose a small champion pool that focuses on a balance between the champion you’re good at and the champions yo enjoy playing.
There is always a synergy between high performance and champion enjoyment, so make sure you keep your champion pool small (3-5 champions) on your primary role, make sure you enjoy playing those champions, and make sure you can actually win games with them!
This is a question that almost no-one asks themselves yet one I ask to all my silver players.
Goal setting when aiming for a higher rank is critical because it makes you start to get specific and focus on areas of your gameplay that aren’t up to a gold elo standard. See the following goals as a general guide for a silver player wanting to become a gold player.
- Have a wr of 53%+ across your most played champions.
- Have a cs/min of at least 5 for junglers and a cs/min of 6 for top, mid and jungle. This should be across all your most played champions.
- Have a KDA of at least 3 across your most played champions
- Have a KP% of 50-55% as a jungler, 40-45% as a top laner, 48-52% as a mid laner and 55-60% as a support.
Now, just because you have these statistics, it won’t necessarily mean you will reach gold, HOWEVER, if you are achieving these statistics in silver, it proves that you are in fact playing better than the average silver player and therefore if you keep that level of performance, you will eventually climb out of gold, whether it’s in the next 10 games, 50 games or 100+ games depdning on your rank, MRR and consistency.
Climbing out of gold can be an extremely frustrating process, especially with the amount of trolls, feeders and inters that seem to ALWAYS be on your team.
While this is true, you cannot use this as an excuse if you are actually serious about climbing. If you constantly look for external excuses as to why you can’t climb, your rank will never change – focusing on the things you can change aka, self-improvement is the only way to reliably climb in League of Legends (trust me, I’ve helped over 100 silver players reach gold).
Set yourself goals that are up to you. Focus on things such as your cs/min, KDA, kill participation and average deaths per game.
Always have one area of your gameplay that you are wanting to improve. Do you need to get better at early game? Okay, then focus on cs/min, wave management and vision so you can get a good base level of income, farm safely and reduce your deaths to the enemy jungler.
If you still feel unsure that you can’t climb after doing all this, click the button below and let me do it for you 🙂
Do you want to climb out of Gold? Do you think your teammates are holding you back? Are you not able to carry your games? Are you sick and tired of playing League of Legends only to constantly lose to trolls and feeders? Do you tilt easily?
My YouTube Series on How To Climb Out Of Gold is exactly what you need. Climbing out of Gold is easier said than done, so please don’t lose hope just yet.
I know exactly what it feels like, to feel hard-stuck, so feel like the rank you are currently at is not what you currently deserve, that’s why I created this How To Climb Out Of Gold YouTube Series.
All of the videos in my How To Climb Out Of Gold Series have live-commentary with them and focus on the key fundamentals of climbing: believing in yourself, playing to your win conditions and not tilting.
Each video in my How To Climb Out Of Gold Series focuses on a key area area of the secrets to climbing in ranked and I play every role in them so they are useful for any and every player.
I hope you enjoy the YouTube series and learn at least one tip that let’s you understand how to climb out of Gold!
Good luck on the rift summoners!